Saturday 26 February 2011

Wearable Jessie J Brit Awards inspired Make up

While scanning through the online fashion websites its obvious Jessie J is huge right now! So when I came across a picture of her at the Brit Awards I couldn't help but think that she always has such strong, bold make up. Her look is very dark and not everyone could pull this look off like her, especially someone like me. Personally as I have bright blue eyes wearing heaving black or even a little black all around my eyes isn't very flattering. So I decided to try an more wearable look which could be worn anywhere not just too the Brits (though we would love to go).
First I primed my eye with Urban Decay Primer Potion
Then I put Barry M's Dazzle Dust in 44 and put it all over my lid.
Next I got from Barry M number 53 and put this on the outside of my eye blending it into the 44 and also taking it through the crease.
Then I just went back and forth building on the colour getting it to the depth of brown that I wanted. You could also carry on with this to increase the colour for a more smokey black eye
After I just got my ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner in black and lined my upper lash line.
Then from 17 Moody Blues eye duo I used the white to highlight my brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes.
Then I got my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in zero and lined my upper water line, my lower water line and also just on my lower lash line with a thicker line on the outside gradually getting thiner towards the inner corners of the eye.
Last I used my Revlon Double Twist Mascara in Blackest Black.
For lip I have three options, From the top is Natural collection in Cherry Red, NYX Semi-permanent lip tint rouge in wine and ELF Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Strawberry. These are all very daytime colours and suit the look perfectly.

For face Jessie never seems to have any contouring or blush on, so this is optional for if you want to fully achieve the Jessie J look. But she does always have a very matte coverage for foundation.

Although this is not an exact copy of Jessie J's make up I tried to create a more everyday wearable look inspired by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment