Saturday 19 March 2011

70s Shorts & OOTD

Recently before celebrating St Patrick's day with my friends, I decided I really need some high waisted shorts, now I only have a red and white pair and they completely don't look good. But recently I've wanted some 70s style shorts, as a fashion student I have the advantage of talking to my teacher about up coming trends and one she discussed with me was the 70s, they are back this summer/spring!
I am now in love with these shorts and considering investing more in the high waisted trend, though I do warn you these shorts are getting harder and harder to find now so I do say if you see them just grab a pair.

Taking this opportunity I jumped on the 70s wagon and headed to my local New Look. While browsing the store I found them. Hidden in a corner behind the sales rack was my shorts. Out of excitement I grabbed 2 pairs and took them to the changing rooms. After trying them on I decided to go with a more fitted pair to get that tailored look and thank God I did they areamazing.
With these shorts I think I will be wearing the cropped flowy shirts more with the short, paired with some oversized 70s style glasses perfect for the summer to come.

OOTD

For hair I just left it straight from the day before and put it into a messy high ponytail with random bits coming down and twisted my fringe and pinned it at the side for a little volume.
Nothing on my skin except some on my Benefit Dandelion Blush and some of my ELF concealer.
Eye:
Base- Benefit creasless cream in sippin' n dippin'
Barry M Dazzle Dust in 44
Mac Pigment pot (not sure what colour as the label came off
Sleek In Pot gel eyeliner in Dominatrix
Benefit Bad Gal eyeliner
Revlon Double Twist Mascara
Eyebrows:
Rimmel London eyebrow pencil in 001 Dark Brown
ELF Wet Gloss Lash &Brow clear mascara
Lips:
Gosh in Darling
Barry M lip Gloss in 11 Coral
Top - George ASDA
- Jacket Pacsun
- Jeggings - Next (though more jean than leggings as Im not a fan of jeggings)
- Bag - Miu Miu
- Necklace - Mixture of shark tooth, birth stone and Native sun design
Detailing on the top
P.S. I am working out how to do my OOTD's in a better way very soon, so just hold of for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment