Tuesday 15 November 2011

How To Be Gentleman

One of the biggest trends I have been loving lately is the 'One of the Boys' trend, also known as the 'Menswear for Womenswear' trend. While getting ready to paint the town red with my friends I decided to play around with this trend but also try to stay as warm as possible without drowning in fabric.

The first layer is this gorgeous blouse from New Look which without the detailing on the collar, would make this the most boring shirt ever! I love wearing this shirt with denim shorts and thick tights to give the shirt a more playful feel and also skirts, I have my eye on this Boohoo skirt in black and mocha which I'm waiting till payday to grab. For bottoms I wore my Next jeggings, as I would be wearing heels I wanted to have a very fitted bottom half so my legs blended into the heels giving me the illusion of longer legs.
Next I layered this amazing H&M jumper I picked up, I really wanted this jumper in beige and black, but the H&M I was in didn't have my size. So I decided to pick up this gray colour instead which I am now obsessed with.
Wherever I am going during the day or night this would be the look I would wear inside. Its cute, fits with the trend, but also has a cute girly touch to it. You can choose whether to wear the bow on the outside or the inside of the jumper, I put it on the outside just so it didn't look too plain.
For travelling I decided to throw a H&M blazer I purchased last summer to keep me warm. You could wear any black blazer you have, I just chose this one as its fitted, warm, and was appropriate. This look reminds me of the 1920s gentleman's look, all I'd need now is my hat and cane, and I'm ready to go.
Because I was headed out for drinks with my friends I decided to wear some heels. Now this outfit is pretty dark as it is, so I added a pop of colour with these New Look berry heels.
This look could be very unflattering and boxy, so I decided for hair and make up I would go as simple as possible but still looking feminine.
Hair in a bun
Face - Mac Face and Body
Cheeks - Topshop blush in 'High Five' with NARS 'Orgasm' over the top
Eyes - Benefit Bad Gal Mascara
Lips - Barry M Lip paint in 121

No comments:

Post a Comment